Supplier Quality & Development Manager
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 12 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About The Opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
To be functionally responsible for all Supplier quality activities, within the Site Procurement organisation.
This role requires strong people leadership and resource management skills to deliver against performance objectives focused on continuous improvement, people development and supplier quality performance.
- All Quality Assurance activities within the Procurement Business
- Assures that the Quality system is adequate and is being applied and adhered to within the business, through the provision of independently gathered evidence by the business.
- Assures that the certification processes within the business is adequately defined, accurate, credible, robust and consistently applied.
- Driving Supplier Quality Improvement Plans within the Function to achieve Global Procurement and department targets (i.e. escapes reduction plans and concession (tags) reduction plans)
- Contact point for partners / internal customer representatives, facilitating / managing customer inspection.
- Ensuring that competent Manufacturing Engineers accurately convert the customer requirements in to clear supplier instructions.
- Accuracy of the Quality data set.
- Acting as a focal point for Quality issues relating to the supply of product.
- Driving supplier process improvements
- Developing and deploying performance and process metrics that are consistent across the Global Procurement organisation.
- Ensure the Health and Safety policies and procedure are adhered to by the Procurement Quality team;
- Accountable for the management of the people within the Procurement Quality team ensuring that PDP, development plans and succession planning is completed;
- Ensuring that the people within the Procurement Quality team have the adequate skills to carry out their roles, where skill gaps are identified, putting training and development plans in place to address them.
- Ensuring adherence to all applicable regulatory, legal, and quality requirements.
- Degree Qualified or HNC/HND in Engineering;
- 10 years + engineering and quality experience;
- Proven track record in supplier quality management;
- Experience in problem solving tool sets (eg. G8Ds, Ishikawa diagrams etc)
- Strong understanding of the Aerospace industry and associated technological and commercial trends
- Experience in New product Introduction and interaction between Purachsing and Engineering in Product Development
- Working experience of AS13XXX, AS9100 -standards and PPAP/APQA Understanding of the Aerospace industry and associated regulatory requirements and standards
- Core competences: Analytical ability, Coaching, Communicating, Decisiveness, Integrity, Consciousness of the environment, Planning and Organization, Professional content, Focus on results
- Regular travel to suppliers for the site
- Occasional global travel
your salary can rise to €8.744
Trefwoorden: Quality,Development, Aerospace, Manager