Site Supply Chain Manager
GKN Aerospace is reimagining air travel: going further, faster and greener! Fuelled by great people whose expertise and creativity sets the standards in our industry, we’re inspired by the opportunities to innovate and break boundaries. We’re proud to play a part in protecting the world’s democracies. And we’re committed to putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do, opening up and protecting our planet. With over 15,000 employees across 41 manufacturing sites in 12 countries we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. There are no limits to where you can take your career.
The purpose of this role is to lead a team of SCM professionals, deliver operational performance using SCM standard business processes and strategy. The scope includes Planning & Scheduling, Logistics and associated performance metrics (Delivery, SA, Logistics costs, DIO, etc). The role is accountable for the deployment and continuous improvement of Supply Chain Management standard processes. as a member of the site leadership team, the site SCM is the “conductor” for planning and logistics, ensures adherence to management process and alignment.
- Role modelling a culture that is aligned to the GKN Aerospace “Great Place to Work” value drivers and Culture Principles
- Responsible for providing a safe working environment for SCM employees and for all employees in the logistic areas (receiving, warehousing, material handling and shipping)
- Accountable for the management of the SCM team (leadership, target setting, performance review, talent management, organizational planning, recruiting/on-boarding, training and development…)
- Execute the Global Supply Chain Management Strategy
- Deploy, manage, monitor and improve planning processes (SIOP, MPS) within the site
- Responsible for the site Operations Supply Planning activities (SIOP)
- Facilitate the site Operations Supply Review (SIOP).
- Orchestrate the connections between Programme teams and Site team in relation to Daily execution, weekly MPS process and Monthly SIOP process (including Integrated Reconciliation at the lowest possible level)
- If the site organization does not include a Planning Leader, responsible for the detailed execution of SIOP and orchestration of the MPS processes (that includes management of Master Schedulers and Shop-floor Schedulers)
- Responsible for the site inventory strategy and performance (DIO).
- Responsible for the deployment and execution of GKNA standards (people, process, tools) and continuous improvement activities
- Responsible for the monitoring, review, analysis of SCM metrics
- Accountable for logistics activities (freight, warehousing, internal movements, inbound/outbound logistics…etc…) and the associated costs.
- Accountable for the total cost of the SCM function (headcount, budgets…)
- Candidate must possess Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management / Supply Chain Management / Engineering or other discipline.
- At least 7-8 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and the candidate must have experience in communicating with Business Users and technical development staff.
- A team player, willingness to cooperate and accept added responsibilities
What do we offer
An innovative and international environment in which we work in a High Tech organization with a rich history in the field of aircraft construction.
- You will be working in an international environment with a local culture with the following package:
- Expert Salary rising to 9.000,-
- Eligble for a bonus scheme (WAU)
- Attractive pension.
- 42 days off. A flexible home working policy where you can work from home a few days a week.
- Informal atmosphere in a dynamic and ambitious department.
- Unique opportunity to work for a market leader.
- You really have the impact on our mission in the Aerospace industry to be the most trusted and sustainable partner in the sky.
Trefwoorden: SCM, Supply Chain, Site Manager, Strategy, Aerospace