At Damen Workboats our goal is to develop, design, and construct a portfolio of tugs, dredgers or workboats in the most effective and efficient manner, primarily based on series production of smart-customized standard designs. Damen Workboats offers a range of innovative, standardized & smart-customized designs, fulfilling current and developing market demands, with well-balanced levels of quality, service, price, and delivery time thereby providing optimal solutions for our clients.
The role of Project Purchaser is within the Supply Chain department of Damen Workboats, containing the teams Procurement, Material Coordination, Category Management and Standards & Documentation.
In your role as Project Purchaser, you are responsible for the procurement of components such as engines, systems, windows, valves and more, for workboats being produced at our yards located in Vietnam, Turkey, China and Abu Dhabi.
Because of the high number of workboats we produce per year, we are building those vessels on stock and we customize them based on client requirements. In this role, you’ll be instrumental in both the operational procurement activities, optimizing the use of standardized components and systems, and the strategic purchasing activities, involving the specification, selection, and contracting of client-specific and complex systems and components.
You will work closely with Design & Proposal, Engineering and Category Management with the aim to ensure timely, most cost-effective, and high-quality availability of materials for our vessels. In this collaboration it is your role to balance each stakeholders interest and advocate for the project’s best interests.
Are you ready to step into this role and contribute to our projects successes? Together, we’ll sail toward new horizons of excellence! Let’s make waves and set sail to a future brimming with possibilities!
Skills & Experience
We ask our future Project Purchaser to come prepared with the following:
- A Bachelor degree preferably in Logistics, Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering;
- At least 5 years working in an international complex Procurement role and/or at least 10 years in a technical Procurement role;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written;
- Experience with working in ERP systems;
- Hands-on mentality, with a service-oriented approach.
What we offer
We want to make sure you are happy in your role of Project Purchaser, so we will support you to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organization where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that’s why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- An open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events and sports.
For further information, please get in touch with Michiel Daamen via 06-29422744
Trefwoorden: Ship building,Purchaser, Inkoop, Procurement, Project Buyer,