Project Engineer Facility & Building
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 51 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world”s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
In connection with a large-scale refurbishment of our factory in Papendrecht, we are recruiting a Project Engineer Facility and Building.
In this hands-on role, you will obtain and process technical information and subsequently translate this to other (external) parties and check the proposals/designs. Subsequently, you will work alongside the Project Manager and plan and coordinate jobsite activities, monitor subcontracting activities onsite and support with keeping the refurbishment activities on time and within budget.
Your Job Responsibilities
- Read and interpret project documents and drawings;
- Advise manufacturing engineers with the set up of process flows based on facility and building requirements;
- Maintain compliance with construction codes and safety regulations;
- Coordinate document processes, submittals, RFIs, and project reporting;
- Set up and manage production planning and coordinate execution of activities;
- Provide the key link between GKN Aerospace and third party contractors;
- Identify and troubleshoot on-the-spot jobsite issues.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor Degree or Master Degree, in Construction / Civil / Industrial / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- 5-10 years of working experience in the industrial engineering – construction field (in regards to highly complex production surroundings) is required for this position;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with construction projects (preferably Brown field);
- Experience working in environments with multiple stakeholders;
- Experience of working within a large multinational organization;
- Knowledge of construction technology, construction management and CAD software;
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
This is a project assignment for a duration of 18 months with the potential of a permanent position.
We offer an innovative and international environment in which we work in a High Tech organization with a rich history in the field of aircraft construction. Our organization exudes a passion for technology and our employees are rightfully proud of what they develop and build. Within GKN Aerospace you get every opportunity to build your career and personal development. In addition, we offer a package that complies with the market conditions of employment, based on the CLA Metalektro.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For further information please contact Michiel Daamen, 06-29422744
Uren: Full Time
Trefwoorden: Engineering, Industrial, Construction, High Tech, Facilities