GKN Aerospace is reimagining air travel: going further, faster and greener! Fuelled by great people whose expertise and creativity sets the standards in our industry, we’re inspired by the opportunities to innovate and break boundaries. We’re proud to play a part in protecting the world’s democracies. And we’re committed to putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do, opening up and protecting our planet. With over 15,000 employees across 41 manufacturing sites in 12 countries we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. There are no limits to where you can take your career.
As Planning Manager you will manage a team of Master Schedulers and Shop-floor Schedulers. You will also be responsible for the execution of the monthly Operations Supply Planning (IBP) activities, the weekly MPS activities and the daily execution through Shop Floor Scheduling. With your experience you will facilitate the decision making process in order to balance demand and supply. And to conclude your day-to-day, you are responsible for the deployment of all Planning and Scheduling related standards, tools, and metrics
- Role embraces a culture that is aligned to the GKN Aerospace “Great Place to Work” value drivers and Culture Principles
- Accountable for the management of the Planning team
- Responsible for the first level of IBP Integrated Reconciliation between Integrated Programme Teams (IPT) and site Planning Organisation.
- Collect and compile all inputs supporting the Operations Capability Review.
- Ensure that MPS is feasible and meets Programmes’ requirements within site and supplier / subcontractor capacity while at same time satisfying site Inventory targets,
- Ensure Shop Floor Scheduling is aligned to latest customer demand, consistent with MPS and using the most adequate techniques to support on time delivery at the optimal level of inventory and cost.
- Ensure relevant KPIs are monitored and PDCA approach applied with A3 in case of deviation to ensure targets are delivered in a sustainable way (e.g.: Master Schedule Adherence, Customer Past Dues, Days Inventory Outstanding),
To help us make a difference, you’ll bring your passion and talent for what you do along with the following skills, experience, qualifications and attributes:
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management/Logistics.
- APICS Basics of Supply Chain Management (BSCM) or equivalent,
- Expert for Forecasting & Demand Planning, Operations Supply Planning (IBP) / MPS / MRP, Daily Scheduling & Execution, Master Data Mgt., Leveraging IT solutions
- Practitioner level for Strategic Planning, Inventory Management, End-to-End visibility and data exchange, Strategy & CI Planning, Performance Monitoring, Network & Talent Management, Industry & Product acumen, Project Management, Business Process Excellence, Operations Excellence
What do we offer
An innovative and international environment in which we work in a High Tech organization with a rich history in the field of aircraft construction.
- You will be working in an international environment with a local culture with the following package:
- Expert Salary and Job structures’. Grade M / N
- Eligble for a bonus scheme (WAU)
- Attractive pension.
- 42 days off. A flexible home working policy where you can work from home a few days a week.
- Informal atmosphere in a dynamic and ambitious department.
- Unique opportunity to work for a market leader.
- You really have the impact on our mission in the Aerospace industry to be the most trusted and sustainable partner in the sky.
For further information, please get in touch with Michiel Daamen via 06-29422744
Trefwoorden: Aerospace, Manager Planning, Scheduling, Supply and Demand