Lean Deployment Leader
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 51 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world”s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
About the opportunity
Do you have an unprecedented passion for Lean and do you want to use it every day? Are you our new driven Lean expert in our Lean Transformation?
At GKN Fokker we build aircraft parts, such as tailpieces, wing parts and fuselage parts. We do this for luxury business jets, commercial aircraft and military helicopters. This total value chain (from raw sheet material to a complete component) is divided over various production units. This makes our process perfect for a value stream approach!
As a Lean Deployment Leader you play a pioneering role in the development of one of the units of the Site using the GKN Aerospace Lean Excellence Model. You lead and coach production managers and team leaders to execute the Lean Excellence Model with discipline and enthusiasm.
Five reasons not to miss this opportunity
- You have the opportunity to grow as a professional in a beautiful open organization
- You become part of a beautiful lean company with the associated network
- Dynamic workdays with many leadership development opportunities
- A good (medior) salary between € 5,021 and € 6,122 gross per month that matches your added value
- A pleasant working atmosphere with a lot of variety and freedom
You are an energetic personality with a drive for lean. From your enthusiasm and your non-hierarchical attitude you have the power to guide people in their own change process. You are tenacious in reaching the end goal, but you understand the challenges you will encounter along the way. You are a problem solver and you never shy away from a good positive discussion.
Your Job Responsibilities
- Taking on an exemplary role that knows how to reach people in a natural way, in line with the Great Place to Work and culture principles, including a ‘safety first’ attitude.
- Roll out the Lean Operating Model in your unit in a structured and driven manner.
- Training and coaching production managers and team leaders to implement the Lean Excellence Model.
- Identify, propose and realize improvements in the field of People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost (PSQDCC). Powered by significant steps in Lean Maturity.
- Develop Lean expertise on the site and, in collaboration with the Regional Lean Expert, ensure that everyone is certified in Lean Thinking.
Your Job Qualifications
- At least completed HBO education in technology, preferably Industrial Engineering and Management or similar.
- An entrepreneurial, proactive mindset with a strong drive for performance
- Knowledge and interest in Lean Thinking and Lean Leadership.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language.
- Demonstrated experience as well as skill in coaching production managers and team leaders.
- Experience in Lean Transformation
- A certificate in Lean from a recognized body or benchmark company.
What we offer
A position with a great focus on quality in which we work with ‘state of the art’ technology within an organization with a rich history in the field of aircraft construction. Our organization exudes passion for technology and our employees are justifiably proud of what they develop and build. We also offer you:
- Opportunities to further build your career and personal development.
• Depending on your experience, the salary is determined on the basis of salary scale M (medior) with a minimum of €5,024 and a maximum of €6,122
• In addition to a good salary, we also have excellent other employment conditions, such as 29 days of leave and 13 ADV days per year, a profit-related benefit, an annual benefit in October and a good travel allowance if you have to travel further than 10 km.
For further information please contact Michiel Daamen, 06-29422744
Uren: Full Time
Trefwoorden: Leadership, Lean, Aerospace, Engineering, Innovation, Quality