Lead Engineer E&A
Are you an Electrical & Automation specialist with experience in Shipbuilding? Come and join our team and expand your own horizon! Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen people, like the company itself, have an eye fixed firmly on the future, seeking out the path to their own potential and offering our clients the benefits of a partnership that lasts the lifetime of their vessels and beyond.
As Lead Engineer Electrical, you will focus on the integration of electrical systems, such as power, navigation, alarm and monitoring systems. Full integration of these complex systems webbed in our workboats is your goal. As Lead Engineer, you will play a leading role in the engineering process, liaise with engineering partners and maintain contact with your counterparts at clients, suppliers and our shipyards.
This role is a good fit for you if you like to do the following:
- Prepare functional descriptions and technical specifications for electrical systems and equipment and/or the assessment of supplier specifications;
- Set up preliminary one-line diagrams, load-balances, panel and cable tray arrangements;
- Organize and monitor interfaces and system integration with other disciplines (such as Shipbuilding and Mechanical) and co-makers;
- Be able to control the technical- and organizational scope of multiple projects, including different engineering teams, simultaneously;
- Set up and steer an engineering team per project by leading one or multiple (junior) E&A engineers;
- Supporting client, class and national authorities’ during the approval process.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering;
- At least five years’ relevant work experience, preferably in the shipbuilding industry;
- You master good communication skills, preferably in Dutch and English;
- Experience in the functional development of Electrification and/or Control & Monitoring systems;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch as a pre.
As a person, you are:
- Result-oriented, a “Lead Engineer” with initiative and management skills;
- A pragmatic, persuasive Lead Engineer with a solid personality, fitting within a dynamic organization with a hands-on culture;
- Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach, you work methodically;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also know how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Well able to manage expectations;
- Willing to travel (short trips about 1 to 2 times a year).
What we offer
We want to make sure you are a happy Lead Engineer Electrical, so we stimulate you to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organization where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that’s why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities.
We offer you:
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
For further information, please get in touch with Michiel Daamen via 06-29422744
Trefwoorden: E&A, Electrical and Automation, Shipbuilding, Maritime, Engineering