Main Purpose of Job Role:
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for managing all inventory control related activities.
- Execute inventory control analytics and related measures to ensure the company minimizes stock holding and maximizes stock system and paperwork accuracy.
- The role carries responsibility for working with purchasing, goods inwards/dispatch, SCM S&OP to ensure necessary functions are aligned correctly
The job role may include other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time.
The position does not carry any supervisory or management responsibility.
- Together with the Logistics Manager, develop the company’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating savings, rationalising inventory and maximizing available working capital.
- Manage and maintain the company’s material and stocked product inventory including stock profiles and stock locations.
- Manage and control (recurring) inventory stock counting / inventory accuracy checks.
- Minimise overstocks and removal of obsolete / redundant raw materials to maximize availability of working capital.
- Ensure that goods inward / stock control department is controlled to sufficiently support production and the goals of the business.
- Ensure materials are ready and available for production as and when required.
- Ensure that any materials that are late or holding up production for whatever reason are identified, chased and followed up until received.
- Provide management information on inventory performance.
- Monitor and evaluate inventory levels and slow moving.
- Monitor & evaluate material utilization and scrap.
- Monitor and evaluate availability of stock (out of stock).
- Implement improvement processes and systems to reduce inventory, minimise costs and maximize working capital.
- Write and maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory control processes and functions.
- Align with key stake holders.
- Be responsible for managing and running planned stock takes.
- Perform cyclic stock checks.
- Check and adjust inventory related data / settings.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of the stock management system.
- Produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
- HBO+ educational level. Preferably in Logistics, Operations Management, or Supply Chain Management
- Ideally possessing a relevant professional qualification and/or suitable background experience in inventory management / purchasing
- Have a detailed understanding of MRP and inventory control / management systems and ERP.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience of lean manufacture, kanban and kaizen continuous improvement or similar production tools within a low volume, high quality manufacturing facility would be an advantage.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Possess relevant IT skills in basic MS Office applications – outlook, excel & word and a working knowledge or business ERP systems
For further information please contact Michiel Daamen, 06-29422744
Trefwoorden: Inventory, Engineering, Stock Control, Lean, Continuous Improvement