Chief Manufacturing Engineer
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 12 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Fokker Elmo is currently based in Hoogerheide and will integrate in our production location in Papendrecht by the end of 2023. We grow fast and are in need of some strong leadership to coach teams and provide structure.
Job summary & Responsibilities
You are responsible for the leading the development and maintenance of the manufacturing definition (system) and ME related activities within the Program through its lifecycle. The CME leads the multi-functional Manufacturing Engineering (ME) team that is deployed into the Program as the primary representative for (ME) at all program / technical reviews & externally (with customer & suppliers). Will ensure the manufacturing system meets stakeholder requirements including; technical compliance; adherence to Zero Defect Manufacturing (ZDM) standards and compliance business case (including quality; delivery and cost).
- Bids – Working closely with the Programme team and Industrial Architects, be accountable for the definition of the Manufacturing System and its associated performance targets. This includes validating the NRC planning associated with the technicalME content of bid, any technology developments required and associated technical risks.
- NPI – The CME is directly responsible for Planning, Development, and Commissioning of the Manufacturing System for New Product Introductions. Working with the Design Chief Engineers (for Design and Build contracts), site teams and Industrial Architects, they are accountable for delivering a Manufacturing System that fulfils all stakeholder requirements (Safety, Logistics, Quality, Producibility & Business case metrics.
- Sustaining – the CME is responsible for the governance and oversight of the portfolio of Manufacturing Systems through regular review of system KPIs and Lifecycle (Industrial review) Gate assessments. This is to ensure productivity & quality targets are continually evolving.
- Leadership of Projects – Directly responsible for the non-recurring ME activities within the programmes influence & provides the technical leadership through; Program Management, Planning, Resource provisioning, Budgeting, & Project EV reporting to Functional and Enterprise standards.
- Leadership of Teams – Accountable to the Program Manager/Director for delivering ME content of tasks through direct Operational Management and Leadership of deployed manufacturing engineering team.
- Quality – Responsible for Product quality within the NPI ME function. Expected to drive a quality mind-set within the deployed engineering team and ensure compliance to agreed Customer, Regulatory, Business and functional standards including AS9145 (ZDM).
- Relationships – Maintain positive, team relationships with internal and external customers, key stakeholders within the business. Foster and champion 5 principles within sphere of influence.
To be successful you will bring
- Technical expertise in Manufacturing Engineering, with a relevant professional qualification / background (university degree) in engineering (eg. Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical)
- Demonstrates leadership skills in terms of awareness and maturity to drive to the right business goals in complex multisite environments.
- Experience of managing Manufacturing Systems and their industrialization including production process improvements
- Ability to lead and influence people, build trust and establish effective working relationships within a global organisation.
- Working knowledge of Industrial productivity improvements and monitoring their efficiency.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering and/or Demonstrated ability in leadership position with evidence of delivering significant improvements in terms of cost/quality of a manufacturing system.
- Working knowledge of quality system models such as ISO9000, AS9100, or D1-9000
- Fluent in English language, both written and spoken
- Project / Program Management Professional Qualification
- Familiarity with AS9145 APQP process or equivalent
- Familiarity with appropriate digital opportunities for manufacturing systems
What do we offer
Besides an innovative and international work environment that offers you a good work-life balance, we offer you opportunities to learn and grow, a salary that can rise to EUR 7.690,-, pension plan, 29 vacation days / 13 ADV days and travel allowance (from 10 km single journey) as well.
For further information, please get in touch with Michiel Daamen via 06-29422744
Trefwoorden: Manufacturing Engineer, Compliance, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering, Aviation