GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 12 countries, we serve over 90% of the world”s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Negotiation & implementation of country specific corporate contracts for GKN Aerospace. Implement commodity strategies, developed by Category Managers, which leverage GKN Aerospace’s spend to deliver significant annual improvements in cost and service levels. Coordinating implementation of contracts through the P2P function at sites and manage compliance. Work with cross functional stakeholder teams to identify business needs and implement contracts which support.
- Accountable for delivery of the targeted savings identified as part of annual planning reviews to improve bottom line profitability of GKN Aerospace.
- Negotiate contracts, not covered by Regional/global strategies, where leverage opportunities are identified within country/area of responsibility
- Contribute to ongoing development of Aerospace Commodity strategy for areas of responsibility
- Actively participate in stakeholder teams within country/area of responsibility to deliver improvements in contracts (cost, performance, quality) for GKN Aerospace
- Work with all layers of GKN Aerospace organisation to communicate and gain buy in/ support to commodity strategies.
- Provide analysis & information to senior management on plans and benefits of actions
- Lead key negotiation activities with senior level representatives of suppliers to deliver benefits to business
- Establish data/fact driven analysis of potential opportunities for procurement activities
- Manage Requests for Proposal / Auction activities within commodities across country / area of responsibility.
- Work with sites to ensure compliance to corporate contracts
- Contribute to the development of commodity budgets / forecasts & liaise with sites to embed locally
To be successful you will bring
- Knowledge of procurement activities within commodities of responsibility.
- Knowledge of supply markets for relevant commodities
- Extensive negotiation experience & skills
- Strong communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years Indirect Commodity experience with 2-3 years in Aerospace industry preferred.
What do we offer
We offer an innovative and international environment in which we work in a High Tech organization with a rich history in the field of aircraft construction. Our organization exudes a passion for technology and our employees are rightly proud of what they develop and build. Within GKN Aerospace, you get every opportunity to build your career and personal development.
Plus, you get a fantastic range of benefits, including:
- 29 free days and 13 ADV days
- Travel allowance
- Profit related benefits
For further information, please get in touch with Michiel Daamen via 06-29422744
Trefwoorden: Category Buyer, Tactical Buyer, Tactisch inkoper, Aerospace, procurement