GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 51 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world”s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
About the opportunity
For our Site Procurement team in Papendrecht we are looking for a Senior Buyer. The primary scope for this role will be local indirect spend, for example:
– Technical supplies
– Engineering & testing services
– Capex < 100k Euros
For site specific needs you lead the sourcing process, you implement the contracts, you ensure compliance, and you realize continuous improvements internally and externally to strengthen the supplier performance to our site.
Further, you collaborate with the global commodity organization during the sourcing activities to stay aligned with global strategy and identify opportinities to strengthen GKN’s overall leverage.
Of course, where available you act under existing corporate contracts.
Depending on further developments, direct spend responsibilities may be added as secondary scope.
In this role you have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead (new) sourcing on Indirect Spend
- Responsible for all demands placed upon suppliers to ensure that key objectives of Quality, Delivery and Cost are secured.
- Drive implementation of global / regional / local agreements within geographic area to ensure contract adherence
- Ensure compliance (company/national) export control and ITAR regulations.
- Responsible for the maintenance and integrity of supplier related items in the BOM.
- Responsible for ensuring item / contract data is updated and maintained.
- Responsible for the flow down of enabled customer materials, pricing and skyline forecasts to Suppliers.
- Responsible for developing and supporting site cost reduction opportunities and supplier development plans in-line with business requirements.
- Responsible for supplier risk management.
- Responsible for managing Raw Material inventory levels in line with company targets.
- Responsible for change control.
- Responsible for reporting procurement activity and site reviews.
In order to optimally fulfill this role, we require the following:
- College degree level as a minimum
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience within Sourcing and Supplier Performance Management
- Ability to build relationships to drive operational excellence
- LEAN certification & mindset (i.e. green belt, black belt or equivalent)
- A track record of leadership behavior to (indirectly) lead cross functional teams.
- Proficient in English language.
- Core competencies: Analytical ability, Decisiveness, Customer focus, Environmental awareness, Organizational sensitivity, Planning and organization.
An innovative and international environment in which we work in a High Tech organization with a rich history in the field of aircraft construction. Within GKN you get every opportunity to build your career and personal development
- A good salary in grade L2 with a maximum of EUR 5526,- based on knowledge and experience
- A lot of changes to build upon your career and personal development
- Besides a good salary we also have some nice secondary job conditions like 27 annual leave days and 13 ADV days a year. Plus travel allowance in case you have to drive more than 10 km.
For further information please contact Michiel Daamen, 06-29422744
Trefwoorden: Buyer, inkoper, Purchaser, Procurement,Aerospace