Procurement Projects & NPI Manager
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 12 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About The Opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
- Accountable for the Delivery and execution of Procurement Projects e.g. Work Transfers, Major aircraft modifications and New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Managing a team of project managers to ensure projects are delivered to time, quality and cost requirements
- A key link with the Procurement Global Commodity team and Programme teams, in terms of the discharge of the Commodity and Programme strategies.
- Accountable for the development and execution of project plans for Procurement Work Transfers, Major aircraft modifications and New Product Introductions (NPI) within the supply base.
- Interface with the Global Procurement Commodity team, site Procurement team and key stakeholders within the Business lines to ensure on time delivery of the Procurement NPI, mod or Work Transfer project;
- Accountable for all Site Procurement Project Resource, including Buyers, Senior Buyers and SQEs, to ensure site resources are in place and managed to deliver site projects within the committed timescales;
- Accountable for communication with internal and external customers regarding any Procurement NPI, mod or Work Transfer project and ensure that the correct process and procedures are adhered to and signed off at the appropriate times;
- Ensure that the risk management process is followed for each procurement project;
- Accountable for the completion of supplier rate readiness reviews and load & capacity activities in support of any Procurement NPI, mod or Work Transfer project;
- Accountable for the on-time delivery and quality of parts from suppliers for any NPI, mod or Work Transfer project until parts have passed FAI;
- Ensure that all projects are handed over seamlessly to the Site
- Ensure the Health and Safety policies and procedure are adhered to by the Procurement Projects team.
- BSc degree, or equivalent in a Business, Engineering, or Science discipline
- Minimum of 10 years relevant business experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Procurement Management roles
- Previous significant experience in Project Management roles
- Previous and significant experience with an international supply base
- A demonstrated ability to build relations with a supplier network and having insight in suppliers processes
- A track record of Leadership to work with cross functional teams
- Strong understanding of the Aerospace industry and associated technological and commercial trends
- Core competences: Analytical ability, Decisiveness, Customer focus, Consciousness of the environment, Organisation sensitivity, Planning and organisation, Focus on results
- Regular travel to suppliers for the site
- Occasional global travel
your salary can rise to €7.690
Trefwoorden: Procurement, NPI, Manager, Aerospace, Procurement Projects